Thursday, February 20, 2014

Finding focus with an adventure.






On Sunday Morning I woke up early to watch the USA Hockey team battle against Slovenia at the Olympics. We won...kinda killed it. (Merica'! or something like that.)

 I was thinking about how beautiful of a day it was going to be...and then the adventure bug hit me. 

I have been having the worst time lately finding my focus....I have felt like such a scatterbrain lately.
I felt maybe my mind needing some new scenery and fresh air. 

I got ready in 10 minutes. 
Grabbed my camera. 
Made a sandwhich.
& left to Boulder.

The morning was bright with a little bit of fog in the sky. 

I've never been to Boulder before so I had no idea where I was going, what I was doing, or what I was going to find. Those are the best kind of trips though.

I drove into town, admired the adorable old homes, and found a little outdoor mall. 
Since I was there by 9am nothing was open and it was a little dead. 

I saw a mountain from a far and thought "I wanna go there!" 
I got in my car and just drop toward the mountain. 
After driving in the same circle 4 times, ending up going the opposite way multiple times...I finally found the mountain. 
Luckily this was a place where you were free to frolic and explore.

& there was some sign that said something about being careful of Coyotes, what to do if you happen to approach one...yada yada yada. (Takes me back to when I ran into one at 2am on a Mexican beach saving baby sea turtles. But that's a different story for another time) 

Boulder hippies. 
 








My little boulder mountain adventure was a  success, my mind could breathe, and I felt so much better when I got back. 
Now if I can find the motivation to get my life together and put away my laundry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment