Saturday, August 16, 2014

Art Reception and kind souls.

Friday August 16th
My art reception at Kanon Collective on Sante Fe was on Friday evening so my very dear friend Makenzie was my beautiful date. Although I did not receive best in show or an honorable mention, it was still pretty awesome that my artwork was accepted into a gallery for a juried show. After eating plenty of cookies and the awards were given out Kenzie and I went to explore other art galleries down the art district.

Afterwards we went to South Pearl Street for dinner at BEAUTIFUL sushi place where her boyfriend works as a chef. Soon after ordering our sushi an appetizer came out for us, complimentary of the chef. Oh how nice! Soon after that another plate comes out, then another, THEN ANOTHER. I could not stop laughing at the fact that we were a couple of college students sitting in the corner of this nice restaurant indulging on plates and plates of fancy food. Before we knew it there were 5 plates of food in front of us and we still had our sushi on the way. Did I mention dessert? Was I in heaven?

It was nice to be with a friend I could have food babies with and work it off by laughing the night away.



 
 




Saturday August 17th

Work from 7:30am-12:30pm.
I had banana split flavored coffee and finalized my business cards. I can finally get these suckers ordered!


I took my Holga out for a little adventure for my portfolio and found this adorable old home which was covered with flowers, pretty weeds, and gardens. Also the entire population of bees in Colorado.
The lady who owns the home was so thrilled that I wanted to take photos of her home and began showing my treasures around her 116 year old home. I will be going back to shoot photos for my short photo essay project. Yippie!
She sent me home with a bag full of vegetables for a salad, it was so kind! She told me she chose to plant a garden to share vegetables with everyone instead of growing grass.
What a kind soul she is.






Daily iPhone.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment