Friday, August 15, 2014

My ending of a new beginning.

The Ampersand &
"A symbol that reminds us that nothing last forever; a broken infinity. 
However, there's always an AND."

I see it as a new chapter in our lives. This is one of those big chapters.

Sometimes I come up with these thoughts, just really strong thoughts suddenly and have to start writing them down. Today during my class while watching a documentary on street photographer, William Eggleston, it hit me that it's week 5 of our Summer quarter. Although, we go until week 11, graduates go until week 10. 
Thursdays are my last class of the week. 
In exactly 5 weeks, exactly, I will be complete with my schooling at The Art Institute of Colorado.
I'm not one to use fowl language too much, but what else can you think of in your mind but "Holy shit!" 

Graduating and blossoming into this thing we call "Adulthood." Graduating, Portfolio, starting a new job, apartment hunting, finding a big girl job, and life after graduating.

Clearly, I have some emotions and feelings about all of this. I figured that maybe I'm not the only one who has this rush of feelings. (Unless I'm just overly dramatic and emotional.) I have decided to document the next 5 weeks of graduating life. This will mostly consist of my sporadic thoughts and feelings throughout the day. These feelings of confusion, excitement, & nervousness. Welcome to the ups and downs, the hard work, and successes of a college graduate.


Here's the ending of a new beginning!

(Holga Panorama)


Thursday August 14th


Money. Yuck.
I'm mostly not one to talk about finances but I have gotten to a point where I've never had the biggest love hate relationship with money in my life. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Dear Future graduates...SAVE YOUR PENNIES. Nobody really told me just how much I should save for Portfolio. Surprise!

Lately I've been a little overwhelmed with my work and have wanted to start on new projects. However, I need to keep a focus of my portfolio until I graduate. Fortunately, I have been able to fit my holga/fine art work for my graduating portfolio and not just food. I necessarily don't want to leave AIC labeled as just a "Food shooter"
Since I have decided to stay in Denver for awhile after graduation I've been exploring an array of opportunities to photograph, not just food. There's an alternative rock band looking for photos to be done who seem to have some great contacts as well. Fingers crossed! New things are exciting.

 Most people know me as being pretty tidy and organized.
If you've seen my place the last few weeks you would come to find that I might be losing my marbles. I have stuff everywhere. Everywhere! & it's to the point where I don't know if I should give up and leave it be because I'll be packing up everything in a couple weeks anyway. I clean, I work on a project, and it's a disaster again. I have a pile of food props, a huge pile of papers, photo paper upon photo paper, hoarded photos upon hoarded photos. I'm a bad roommate to myself.

I turn 22 in one month. It also lands on the busiest week out of the quarter.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment